Bermuda Day Grand Marshal 2013 – The Colours, Sights and Sounds of Bermuda
Mrs. Ming-Burgess is extremely blessed to have had a modelling career she loved which spanned several years.
Listed below are a few of the music videos she appeared in and a few of the major fashion designers she had the privilege to work with. She travelled and worked extensively in Europe and around the world.
- DESIGNERS – Armani, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Gottex, Missoni, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren Valentino Ungaro, Donna Karen, Karl Lagerfeld
- VIDEOS – Whitney Houston, “Saving All My Love for You” (Filmed on the Thames in London) One of Mrs. Ming Burgess’ proudest achievements was working with this phenomenal woman. It was certainly an honour and a privilege.
- Duran Duran, “Hungry Like the Wolf” (Filmed in Sri Lanka)
- Gary Numan, “he’s Got Claws” (Filmed in London)
- COMMERCIAL – Tia Maria Commercial and Advertising Campaign. (Filmed in Jamaica)
Mrs. Ming Burgess was honoured to be voted “Model of the Year” by her fashion model colleagues and top European fashion designers. Another highlight of her career was receiving her first standing ovation in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Having persevered to be one of the best in her chosen field and to reach the top in her profession was a dream come true and quite an achievement for this skinny kid from Devonshire, Bermuda.
Her hard work, dedication and determination had finally paid off. Mrs. Ming Burgess has an excellent set of values and believes that anything worth having is worth fighting for. It is her sincere belief that, “once one discovers that perseverance, fortitude and resilience works there is no stopping the individual”.
At this time in her life she is delighted to add ‘author’ to her list of accomplishments. She states that through God’s grace, healing power and mercy, she stands as a two-time cancer survivor. Her book is entitled Fashioned for Reigning – Healing and Encouraging Scriptures. This book was written to help strengthen and encourage others who may be going through difficult and challenging circumstances.
Mrs. Ming Burgess is married to Bernard (Bernie) Burgess and they have three children. Her family resides in St. George’s, Bermuda.